Hurricane Recovery Journey | 12.14.22
The day is almost here! With great excitement, all of us at ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa look forward to welcoming you back beginning this Saturday, December 17! What an amazing, challenging and ultimately rewarding experience it’s been to work with so many dedicated individuals in making this special, historic day come true!
To celebrate the occasion, and as our way of rewarding your loyalty and enthusiasm, ‘Tween Waters is offering a 25% discount for 2-night stays on all of our guest rooms, studios, suites and even cottages — December 17 – December 22, 2022 only. So if you need a break, now’s the time and we’re the place!
As the first and currently only full-service resort on Sanibel or Captiva, you’ll experience beaches, pools, fitness center, marina, outstanding dining and much more — but keep in mind, while ‘Tween Waters Captiva (and our barrier islands) have made tremendous progress, we’re far from perfect.
A few items of note when you’re visiting us at ‘Tween Waters:
- Remember, guests accessing the islands will be updated daily to authorities. As our guest, you’ll need to have a printed copy of your reservation, along with photo identification.
- While our legendary resort is improving daily, much work remains and is being done daily. You quite likely will encounter various construction or cleanup noise during the day.
- Old Captiva House is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Hideaway Bar is a top-choice watering hole you’ll enjoy at our Serenity Pool.
- While rooms have televisions, they’re currently not functional due to the service provider. Be sure to pack tablets and smart phones!
And a few items of note while visiting the islands:
- Please drive directly and safely to ‘Tween Waters Captiva. There remains some debris, damage, recovery and repair along our roads, and workforce crews will appreciate your concern and cooperation.
- While there are a couple of Sanibel restaurants open, they’re few and far between; please refrain from “touring” the islands to assist in speedy recovery.
- Keep your reservation and photo identification in your possession if leaving our resort property; a 9 pm curfew remains in effect and law enforcement is strict about protecting property and homeowners on-island. For identification purposes the driver’s license photo identification must match the guest confirmation at Sanibel check point.
And keep in mind, the Sanibel Causeway opens to the public January 2, so access to ‘Tween Waters will be even easier!
We share your love of Sanibel and Captiva and understand your excitement at visiting us (we’re just as excited to see you again)! So let’s all work together to make your stay as easy, fun, relaxing, positive and satisfying as we can!
Until next time,
Doug Babcock | President and CEO