Resorts Recovery Journey | 12.7.22
Last weekend, we were thrilled to share with you that ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa has received official approval to welcome all overnight guests — regardless of your location or island access status — beginning Saturday, December 17. As the first and currently only full-service resort on Sanibel or Captiva, that means you’ll experience beaches, pools, fitness center, marina, outstanding dining and much more.
At the same time, we’re only 10 weeks or so removed from one of the most powerful and destructive storms in U.S. history, so while ‘Tween Waters Captiva (and our barrier islands) have made tremendous progress, we’re far from perfect.
A few items of note when you’re visiting us at ‘Tween Waters:
- Remember, guests accessing the islands will be updated daily to authorities. As our guest, you’ll need to have a printed copy of your reservation, along with photo identification.
- While our legendary resort is in very fine shape, much work remains to be done and is being done daily. You quite likely will encounter various construction or cleanup noise during the day.
- Old Captiva House remains open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Hideaway Bar remains a top-choice watering hole you’ll enjoy at our Serenity Pool.
- Old Captiva House will be closed in observance of Christmas 12/24 and 12/25
- While rooms have televisions, they’re currently not functional due to the service provider. We encourage you to bring tablets and smart phones, although again, internet service is intermittent.
- Because we can’t depend 100% on internet service, credit charges may not be possible at times. We encourage you to pay in advance, online or via telephone reservationists, and bring an appropriate amount of cash.
And a few items of note while visiting the islands:
- Please drive directly and safely to ‘Tween Waters Captiva. There remains a great deal of debris, damage, recovery and repair along our roads, and workforce crews will appreciate your concern and cooperation.
- While there are a couple of Sanibel restaurants open, they’re few and far between; please refrain from “touring” the islands to assist in speedy recovery.
- Keep your reservation and photo identification in your possession if leaving our resort property; a 9 pm curfew remains in effect and law enforcement is strict about protecting property and homeowners on-island.
We share your love of Sanibel and Captiva and understand your excitement at visiting us (we’re just as excited to see you again)! So let’s all work together to make your stay as easy, fun, relaxing, positive and satisfying as we can!
Until next time,
Doug Babcock | President and CEO
Images Taken Between November 8, 2022 and December 5, 2022